About 3D Design
3D designing is critical in the industries of STEM. It helps aid engineers and architects in their work by giving them a model to improve the efficiency and aesthetic of their designs. It gives manufacturers a preview of the final product and can even be used to print a tangible model.
About Our Courses
Our teachers have years of experience in 3D design. After taking our course, students will be able to design and combine basic shapes into complex figures and will have the opportunity to see their designs printed with our 3D printer.
3D Design/Printing Class
- This course will teach students how to make 3D objects using OnShape CAD. The students will learn how to start from a 2D sketch to make a 3D shape using various CAD tools. While learning the fundamentals of 3D CAD, the students will be making a wheelbarrow model and later make a prototype endoscope model. At the end of this course, the students will be able to use OnShape to make their own 3D models and hopefully 3D CAD will become an enjoyable pastime. No prior CAD experience is required.
- 10 classes, 2 hours per class
- Schedule: 3:00-5:00 PM, Saturday
- Laptop and mouse required
- $500 + $50 for early-bird or $600 + $50 (each student will be able to print their final design model using 3D printers) if there are 5 or more students.